Mold can be found anywhere. It will sometimes hide in the most unexpected places. Having said that, mold can only grow in areas where there’s moisture. Here is a list of places to look if you suspect that you may have mold in your home.
- Chimneys – The spaces between the bricks collect water and dirt. This makes it a great place for mold to hide out. To remove the mold, replace any rusted caps and call a chimney sweep. They will be able to get the mold out of the chimney and they’ll also get any dangerous creosote. This will help your chimney to work properly.
- Refrigerator Drip Pans – Underneath your fridge you’ll get a lot of moisture from spills and from condensation. This makes it a prime place for mold to collect and grow. To remove the mold, spray the pan with hydrogen peroxide. Then, wipe the pan clean with white vinegar. For best results, clean the floor underneath the refrigerator too.
- Front Loading Washing Machines – The door of a front loading washing machine will get wet when in use. When it’s not in use and the door is closed, mold can and will collect on the door. To remove the mold, wipe the door and gasket before closing. If you see mold collecting, run some warm water with chlorine bleach. The mixture should kill any mold that has collected.
- Window Seals – Condensation collects there and with the mixture of water and dirt, the windows are a great place for mold to multiply and grow. To remove, open the window after a heavy rain. Wipe the moisture from the windows. If the seals between the windows are failing, replace them. Cleaning your window on a regular basis will prevent the growth of mold.
- Dishes – When you stack dishes that are still wet, it provides the perfect environment for mold to grow. To remove the mold, place the dishes in a dishwasher. You will want to wipe the cabinets with some vinegar to kill any mold that may be collecting there too. When done washing the dishes, dry them completely before putting away.
- Air Conditioners – When running, these trap dirt and dust and then collect moisture from the air. This provides food and moisture for mold to grow. To remove the mold from your AC, remove the front plate and use a HEPA vacuum to get rid of the mold. Then, clean the drain pan with bleach and water.
- Bathroom Tub – After taking a shower or bath, moisture has collected on the sides of the tub. This makes it a perfect place for mold to collect and grow. To remove, mix bleach and water in a spray bottle and spray it onto the affected area. Wipe off after a couple minutes.
If you think you have smelled mold in your home or if you suspect it may be in your home, these are good places to look. Mold can hide anywhere, which makes it hard to find. But just remember that mold can only grow where there is moisture for it to grow. If mold is found, remove it as soon as possible.
Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida Rapid Restoration is South Florida’s #1 restoration company in the disaster relief industry. With 24/7 emergency services we have provided thousands of clients with emergency restoration services throughout Boca Raton, Palm Beach, Miami Dade, Broward, and Port St. Lucie Counties. We offer property restoration, mediation and, repair for water damage, mold removal, fire, smoke and biohazard removal services throughout the entire South Florida area.
We are a Licensed Commercial and Residential Emergency Restoration Contractor.
Whether it’s your home or office that’s been affected by water damage, fire, smoke damage, or mold, contact Rapid Restoration Recovery, Inc.
TODAY at: 561-344-5070